Kenyan Visas


IBN Immigration Solutions is always ready to answer your queries, provide expert advice regarding all your immigration matters and facilitate your immigration applications to ensure the smooth transition of your employees and their family into Kenya, and from Kenya to other parts of the world.

We offer tailored solutions to corporate, as well as individuals, who require assistance of an expert in immigration into and out of Kenya. At IBN, we offer more than a service, we offer solutions.

IBN Kenyan Visa & Work Permit Services

There are several work permits which may obtain for employees, investors and retirees. These include the Work permit (class A-K), Special pass (allows one to work for 90days), dependant pass, student pass. 

More information about each of these permits, all which we can assist you with, can be found alongside.

If you have any questions – please feel free to click further below and get in touch with our Kenya Office who will be more than happy to assist you with any queries you might have. 

Kenyan Work Permit(All classes)

There are various classes of permits as listed below:

  • Class A: Issued to persons who intend to engage in prospecting for minerals or mining.
  • Class B: Work permit issued to persons wishing to invest in Agriculture and Animal Husbandry.
  • Class D: This issued to a person who is offered specific employment by a specific employer who is qualified to undertake that employment.
  • Class G: Work permit issued to investors in specific trade, business or consultancy.
  • Class I: Work/Residence permit issued to a member of missionary society approved by the Government of Kenya and whose presence is beneficial to the country.
  • Class K: Residence permit issued to persons who have an assured income derived from sources outside and undertakes not to accept paid employment of any kind.
  • Class M: Work permit issued to Conventional Refugees

Special pass

Special Passes are issued to those who wish to gain entry into Kenya, for work/study/research for a short duration of time normally 90 days.

Dependant pass

The dependant pass is issued to a person whose spouse, parent or guardian is lawfully entitled to enter Kenya either as a permit holder, permanent residence or Kenyan citizen.

Student pass

This document is issued to applicants (foreign students) ,who wish to pursue their education in Kenya’s Education or Training Institutions where they have been accepted or admitted.

Alien Card

Alien ID Card is a document for foreign nationals which enables them to have an ID recognized by Kenyan government institutions and gives access to services such as KRA PIN, opening a business bank account, applying for Company KRA PIN, making tax returns and many more.

Scroll to Top